Eastern Europe’s Biggest International Specialized Trade Fair «GIFTS EXPO. SPRING 2009» was successfully held on the 23 — 26th of March in Moscow, in MANEZH Exhibition Complex.
Organized by GIFTS EXPO Ltd., the fair was held under the patronage of the Moscow Government, under the support of the Moscow Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Gifts, Houseware and Costume Jewellery Manufacturers and Suppliers Association.«GIFTS EXPO»
trade fair is one of the largest and prestigious events in gifts & souvenirs segment in Eastern Europe and reflects the world basic trends of giftware, houseware, tableware, interior decoration, promotional souvenirs, costume jewellery and accessories production development.263
exhibitors presented their products at the total area of 6000 sq. m. and exposition area of 3000 sq.m., 77 among them were participants of «Costume Jewellery and Accessories» salon. 24 foreign companies from USA, Italy, the Czech Republic, Turkey, Israel, Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, Peru, Belarus, Ukraine participated in the fair, Hong Kong national pavilion was organized at the fair.
Presentations of new trade marks and well-known brands, marketing information service, business contacts and the festive atmosphere attracted many buyers and trade visitors. The fair gave them unique opportunity to meet a wide assortment of gifts & souvenirs, including many novelties exhibited at the Spring fair. 49 of 263
companies took part in the event for the first time that indicates the development «GIFTS EXPO»
There were registered more than 21 000
trade visitors. The fair was visited by producers, importers, regional dealers, distributors, representatives of wholesale companies, specialized retail shops and salons, trading houses, shopping centers and department stores, advertising agencies, marketing and promotion departments of the leading companies and banks, interior designers and many other Russian and foreign specialists. Visitors’ geography was very wide: specialists from 170 cities of Russian regions and former Soviet republic (from Nahodka to Kaliningrad and from Murmansk to Ashgabat) visited the fair.Traditionally the fair included the salons:
«GIFTS AND INTERIOR DECORATION»
- «GIFTS & INTERIOR DECORATION»
- «HOUSEWARE AND DINING DECOR»
- «CHRISTMAS AND FESTIVE DECORATIONS»
- «BUSINESS SOUVENIRS AND CORPORATIVE IFTS»
- «COSTUME JEWELLERY AND ACCESSORIES».
salon was characterized by the variety of assortment: exclusive, VIP gifts, gifts made to order, gifts and souvenirs from worldwide, handicrafts, gifts made of leather, wood, textile, porcelain, silver etc., gifts and souvenirs for interior decoration, decorative ceramics, glasses, porcelain silver and metalware (decorative vases, figurines, souvenir arms, caskets and many others), retro-style interior items (retro phones, gramophones, globes), gift book editions, ethnic interior items, decorative furniture, clocks and watch, home textiles, floral art (floristic compositions, artificial flowers and plants, potpourri etc), ornamental flowerpots, flower ceramics, aqua design (water fountains, cascades, aquariums), pictures, reproductions, posters, prints, panels, antique gravures and lithography, mosaic, glass painting, mirrors, tapestry, carpets, photo frames, picture frames, souvenir musical instruments, lighting design (chandeliers, standard lamps, table lamps), decorative and aromatic candles, candleholders, candelabrums, aroma lamps, statues, figures for interior and outdoor decoration, toys, etc.
Among salon participants there were such companies as SHISHI, ETHNICA CHIC, ZEBRA HOME, GOBELEN CLUB, STYLE & HOME, FELLICHITA, GIFT-TIME / SPACE, HELIOS, ETHNO GALLERY, FOLIANT DECOR, POLEZNYE PODARKI, ZOO, BOOK PROSPECT, PEACOCK FEATHER etc.
The salon participants noted that despite the world economic crisis the gift segment in Russia continues developing and gift products are still in demand. Customers give preference to gifts of middle price segment. Gifts of oriental, religious and sea thematic are appreciated by customers as well as different electronic and hi-tech gifts: USB flash drives, electronic photo frames, electronic accessories, devices, gadgets.
The following novelties were presented in the salon:
- handmade silk pictures from Vietnam («Exclusive» company);
- gift items made of native gold (Casting House, TM «The Yakut Diamonds»);
- Florentine mosaic pictures with rare natural precious stones from Kamchatka («Studio Tevi»);
- Quartz interior decor («Quartz Design»);
- Handmade gift and wrapping paper from Thailand («Vikom»).
At «HOUSEWARE AND DINING DECOR»
salon the whole spectrum of houseware and tableware, items for table setting and table decoration was submitted: tableware for home, office, public and elite catering, tableware made of glass, crystal, porcelain, ceramics, silver, metal and other materials, exclusive tableware, cutlery, items for table setting, dining decor, kitchenware, textile products for home and many others.
Among the participants: VICOM, BRIONI, BEST-OST, FELLICHITA, BORNER EAST, AVIOR-KUBACHI, ZHOSTOVO DECORATIVE ART MANUFACTURE, YANIKA, DIKTUM-ART, RUSSIAN CALEIDOSCOPES, STEKLYARUS, SVETOIMORT etc.
The salon exhibitors noted the changeover from standard forms of dishes to unusual ones: ellipse, square, items with relief. The same tendency is in tableware decoration: pictures become more and more fanciful. Different decor can be used in one set: mother-of-pearl goes with gibbous picture. Hi-tech styled tableware is also popular. As oriental cuisine is in favor, tableware made in oriental style is much sought after.
Exhibitors presented the following novelties:
«CHRISTMAS AND FESTIVE DECORATIONS»
- famous European brands KOSTA BODA & ORREFORS («New Wave Group»): original glass and crystal products ( vases, sculptures, figurines, bar glass etc). All the products are hand made by sketches of famous designers which works are presented in famous galleries and museums all over the world;
- silver tableware, houseware made on well-known technology of Kubachy’s (Republic Dagestan) masters;
- amber tableware («Amber Design»);
- decorated glass vases («Steklyarus»);
- glass holders (gold-plated, blacken, with engraving, company logo or corporate symbolic) («Diktum-Art»).
salon offered a wide range of New Year and festive products: New Year toys and decorations, New Year artificial trees, decorative and aroma candles, carnival costumes, etc. Such companies as HOLIDAY CLASSICS, CONTINENT GROUP (AMADEA s.r.o.), ATLAS ART, GIFT-TIME / SPACE, FLAMINGO GIFTS, SCORPIO, USPECH KOSTINA etc. were among the participants of the salon. The trends are:
«BUSINESS SOUVENIRS AND CORPORATIVE GIFTS»
- New Year decorations made of natural materials: cones, branch, dry flowers;
- back to the past, to national traditions, e.g. archaized musical boxes, collection toys in folk style, retro style in New Year toys decoration;
- New year toys made of modern materials: life becomes more dynamic, consumers pay attention to utility;
- Easter thematic.
salon presented corporative VIP-gifts and souvenirs, handicrafts, goods made of porcelain, crystal, silver, ceramics etc., leather business accessories, clocks and watches (wristwatch, table, wall and grandfather clocks), polygraph promotional products, prizes and rewards, plaques and badges, New Year and festive products, gift wrapping, office supplies, etc. Among salon participants: ASKENT, ARKHANG, ATOLL Sibirian Jewellery Factory, ELITE BOOK, VOSTOK-DESIGN, TOP PEN, STEREOGRAD, SAVANNA, LEATHER INSTITUTE, SPIDER, TEDDY GROUP, PIKNIK-SERVICE, KRO advertising souvenirs, MAKEY, SOLNECHNAYA PALITRA, JETPROMO etc.
The main trend in this segment is the withdrawal from the idea of «unisex» style in the design of business accessories. Producers pay more attention to the development of women accessories collections using fashionable materials and colors (e.g. glamorous pocket mirrors decorated with Swarovski crystals). All the elements in collections are commonly made in one style & colour and combine classic & modern design traditions. Another fashion trend is business souvenirs and accessories made of leather imitating reptile leather (crocodile and snakeskin bags, diary covers etc.)
The following novelties were presented in the salon:
«COSTUME JEWELLERY AND ACCESSORIES»
- VIP and corporative souvenirs made of native gold, silver, crystal (Casting House, TM «The Yakut Diamonds»);
- products with engravings on the medals and other prize and souvenir products («Torzhestvo» salon);
- exclusive handmade canes (walking sticks) made of exotic sorts of trees (MED-MAGAZIN.ru);
- teacup holders with corporate symbolic («Diktum-Art»);
- corporate gifts made of genuine leather by Oz-Gec company (one of the biggest manufacturer of business gifts in Turkey).
salon introduced to Russian buyers and trade agents the most famous trademarks, new tendencies and the latest collections of fashion accessories, bijouterie and decorations, sun glasses. The products assortment presented at the fair was very wide and could satisfy requires of customers with different level of income. The following trends were marked in this segment: classic costume jewellery is popular as well as extravagant unusual forms and materials (feather, fur etc). Massive decorations, bright colors are still in fashion: large long beads of bright colors, big garish earrings and clip-on earrings, glasses of large sizes with colorful rims, chains (gilded or of steel color), massive bracelets and pendants of unusual forms etc. Such leading companies as PRIMA DO, BEAUTY LAND, CITY STAR, GOLDEN GALA, ANTA, GLORIUS, JEWELLERY HOUSE KADO, MARIZEL, MURVAL-PARIS, INESS-M, ARGENTA TRADE / SOROKA, MAGDAMAX, DIVA, JABLONEX GROUP a.s, DOLLIPOPS, AMERGO, ALMARI, YAROSLAVNA DOBRYANSKAYA etc. took part in the salon.
Exhibitors presented the following novelties:
«GIFTS EXPO. AUTUMN 2009»
- exclusive diamond jewellery (Casting House TM «The Yakut Diamonds»; Jewellery Enterprise «SAKHAYUVELIR»);
- ethnic jewellery and accessories from Peru («Latin Bijoux»);
- fashionable designer bags and accessories from USA («Murval-Paris»);
- silver and gold jewellery with natural precious stones («KADO Jewellery House»).
will be held on the 22nd -25th of September
on two fair grounds at the same time: GOSTINY DVOR and MANEZH Exhibition Complexes. About 600 companies will present about 2000 trade marks from all over the world. National pavilions from Europe and Asia will be organized.WELCOME TO GIFTS EXPO. AUTUMN 2009!